Do you want to make a difference in your community? Do you have a plan ready to do this? Do you need funding to help complete this plan?
This grants scheme is administered on behalf of both Redditch Borough Council and Bromsgrove District Council by BARN to help any charity, organisation or community group that operates within one of these two areas. It’s currently closed, but we’re hoping to reopen in later in the year.
This grant scheme is intended to assist any voluntary, charitable or community group, that can clearly demonstrate their ability to deliver benefit to the community in the following ways through community led street clean up actions:
- Increase pride in local high streets, village centres and estate centres
- Increase community cohesion bringing people together to work with neighbours
- Enhance social well-being as a result of increased volunteering
- Increased volunteers from the local community to assist in maintaining the public realm
The focus for bids must be on high streets, estate centres or village centres.
The funding itself is a one off expenditure and not an ongoing one for years after. It is open to:
- Voluntary groups
- Community groups
- Community Interest Company
- Parish Councils
- School Parent Teacher Associations
Both areas have separate applications based on which area you fall under, but the FAQs are the same. Click here to view them.
Round two is now closed and due to the current Coronavirus outbreak round 3 will be announced at a later date.
Did you receive funding in the first round? You can bid again, but only if all the following are true:
- It must be for a different project
- The previous project must have been completed
- All monitoring forms have been satisfactorily completed and returned.