Free Briefing Event
Twelve local authorities, including Redditch, and three LEP partnerships in the West Midlands are moving closer to a devolution deal and the establishment of a West Midlands Combined Authority, moving powers and money from Whitehall to the West Midlands.
But what will this mean for local residents, for local authorities and for the many thousand voluntary and community organisations across the region?
WMVCS is a recently-formed group of the Councils for Voluntary Service across the Authority area, and BARN is representing Redditch as part of the group. WMVCS is hosting a Briefing Event for voluntary and community organisations on Tuesday 12th April, 2.00 – 4.00 pm, at The Church at Carrs Lane, Carrs Lane, Birmingham, B4 7SX.
The event will include a representative from the WMCA and will cover:-
- The rationale for and scope of the Combined Authority
- Its current stage of development and what’s ahead
- The future ambitions and priorities of the Combined Authority
- The contribution of the voluntary and community sector across the West Midlands
- Current and future engagement with the voluntary and community sector
Tickets are free but limited and are offered on a strictly first come first served basis. you can book by following this link: http://tinyurl.com/jej5wd7
If you need further information about booking on this event please contact Debra Hill, our colleague from SCVO, on 0121 525 1127 or email@example.com