We are looking for new trustees to join our board, and particularly looking for a Chair and Treasurer.
We are looking for someone to provide leadership and direction to the board of Trustees. The Chair’s aim is to enable the board to fulfill their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
The Chair’s role is also to work in partnership with the chief executive and support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation; and to optimise the relationship between the board of Trustees and the staff.
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
• commitment to the organisation
• leadership ability
• integrity, strategic vision and good/independent judgement
• a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as Chair and trustee
• ability to take decisions for the good of the organisation
• good, independent judgement
• good communication skills
• tact and diplomacy
• willingness to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others
• an ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a trustee
For the full role specification click here: Chair – role specification.
To express an interest in this role, or to find out more, please email the Chief Executive Gary Roskell at email@example.com or phone 01527 60282.