We are looking for new trustees to join our board, and particularly looking for a Chair and Treasurer.
We are looking for someone to provide leadership and direction to the board of Trustees. The Chair’s aim is to enable the board to fulfill their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
The Chair’s role is also to work in partnership with the chief executive and support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation; and to optimise the relationship between the board of Trustees and the staff.
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
• commitment to the organisation
• leadership ability
• integrity, strategic vision and good/independent judgement
• a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as Chair and trustee
• ability to take decisions for the good of the organisation
• good, independent judgement
• good communication skills
• tact and diplomacy
• willingness to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others
• an ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a trustee
For the full role specification click here: Chair – role specification.
We are looking for someone to maintain an overview of an organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. As part of that role you will report to the board of trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has:
• financial experience and business planning skills
• some experience of organisation finance and fundraising
• the skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
• a willingness to be available to give financial advice and answer enquiries from any staff or volunteers on an ad hoc basis.
For the full role specification click here: Treasurer – role specification
To express an interest in either of these roles, or to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01527 60282.